Full-time or part-time: Engineering and technology learning facilitator
Do you believe that no idea is too crazy to make? Do you love to invent, prototype, test, and iterate? Do you feel at home with an array of technology and engineering techniques that support building unique products? Are you endlessly curious to know how things work and how to make them? Do you love being around kids and can spot the potential in their big ideas?
If you answered yes to these questions, read on! This job is for you!
We are looking for either a full-time or part-time Engineering and Technology Learning Facilitator to join our Crew. You will be responsible for encouraging our young members (VIVINAUTs) to experiment with technology, mechatronics, robotics and tinker with Arduino, Micro:Bit or similar prototyping systems.
You will be sharing your expertise and knowledge about the endless opportunities of engineering with VIVINAUTs and support them in their journey of bringing their ideas to life.
As a core member of our small team, you’ll play a key role in upskilling our team by sharing your knowledge and all aspects of engineering and technology. You will also support the team to create STEAM-focused learning experiences and creative challenges that help our VIVINAUTs to bring their ideas to life!
Lastly, you will be encouraged to tinker and develop software or hardware products to support our VIVINAUTs, the community, and our environment.
A successful Engineering and Technology Learning Facilitator will have the following experience and traits:
- Knowledgeable in electrical circuits with the ability to read technical documentation, specs and schemas.
- Fluent in using software and tools needed for engineering, mechatronics and technology prototyping (varied programming languages, Arduino, CAD, 3D modelling, design, etc.).
- Analytical-thinker and creative problem solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to share engineering technology concepts with kids ages 9 and up.
- Good personal time-management.
- Highly adaptable to changing environments.
- Skilful collaborator.
- Self-driven and self-starter.
- Interest in tinkering, making and creating, and in learning new skills and technologies.
- Previous experience in volunteering and working with kids in the technology and engineering field is a bonus.
Please send your CV and cover letter and your product/work portfolio: [email protected] by
What we offer We are a small team working to support the next generation of makers, creators and innovators. Our ‘office’ is a maker space filled with tools and technology that gives endless opportunities for ideas to flow. We support creativity, value making mistakes and happy little accidents, and love a good coffee with a good yarn.
The role can be part-time: afternoons from 2 PM – 6 PM or full-time for 40 hours per week
What is VIVITA Aotearoa and VIVISTOP Wellington studio:
VIVITA and VIVISTOP is a dynamic co-creation environment that facilitates learning experiences in creative thinking, innovation, and entrepreneurship. With support from local and global networks, our experiences open up opportunities for children to work on projects, products, or services that are important to them and their communities.
With support from our global VIVITA network, learning experiences are kept free and open to any child between the ages of 9-15, regardless of background. We believe all children should have equal opportunities to make and create. This should not be a privilege.
VIVISTOP Wellington is our newest co-creation space in the heart of Wellington City. It is our maker-space where young and young at heart can all make and create together.
- © VIVITA 2023