Is creating and making something that gets you out of bed every morning? Are maker spaces are your happy place? Do you know craftsmanship, from woodworking to 3D printing, metalwork to simple electronics? Do you believe no idea is too crazy to pursue? Above all, do you love sharing your knowledge and passion with kids and adults alike?
If your answer is yes, then read on as this is for you!
We are looking for a full-time technology teacher for our innovation studio and workshop who can take care of the studio floor and assist young creators in their making journey. Your main tasks include:
- Assisting our studio members by teaching them skills and techniques they can apply to their projects.
- Working closely with our producer(s) to design STEAM related resources for workshops and inclusive learning experiences for our members.
- Looking after and maintaining workshop floor, machinery and tools (both software and hardware).
- Assuring health and safety procedures are practised in all areas of our workshop floor.
Experiences and key traits of the right applicant:
- Hands on experience and knowledge in woodworking, electronics and practical robotics, using 3D modelling software and basic understanding in programming languages
- Knowledge and experience in rapid prototyping tools, techniques and other creativity-enhancing tools/frameworks.
- Enjoys working autonomously and is self-driven
- Comfortable with agile working environments and practices
- Skilful collaborator
- Clear communicator
- Master of planning and executing ideas
- Thrives in fast-paced and ambiguous environments
- Qualification and experience in teaching kids (ages 9 and older) on STEAM subjects
Keen to know more?
Send us a message hello[at]vivita.kiwi or contact us by using the contact form.
- © VIVITA 2022