Full-time: Product Designer
Keen to apply?
Send us your portfolio and cover letter: email@example.com
Do you believe that no idea is too crazy to try? Do you love to invent, prototype, test, and iterate? Do you feel at home with an array of materials and techniques that support building unique products? Are you endlessly curious to know how things work, and how people interact with products? Do you love being around kids and can spot the potential in their big ideas?
If you answered yes to these questions, read on! This job is for you!
We are looking for a full-time Product Designer to join our Crew. As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for giving life to the small and big ideas of our young members (VIVINAUTs). You will help to ideate, visualise, and build working prototypes together with our VIVINAUTs.
As a core member of our small team, you’ll play a key role in upskilling our team by sharing your knowledge about product design and design techniques. You will also support the team to create learning experiences and creative challenges that help our VIVINAUTs to bring their ideas to life!
Lastly, you will be the eyes and ears for spotting great ideas that could be built into commercial products to support our VIVINAUTs, the community, and our environment.
A successful Product Designer will have the following experience and traits:
- Experience in industrial product design and in-depth understanding in the complete product lifecycle, from idea to a finished product.
- Fluent in using software and tools needed for product design (3D modelling, design, etc.).
- Analytical thinker and creative problem solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Clear in visualising ideas and communicating them with different stakeholders (kids, parents, team etc.)
- Good personal time management.
- Highly adaptable in changing environments
- Skilful collaborator.
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver.
- Self-driven and self-starter.
- Interest in tinkering, making and creating, and learning new skills and technologies.
- Previous experience in volunteering and working with kids is a bonus.
Please send your CV and cover letter and your product/work portfolio: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time role, for 40 hours per week.
What we offer
We are a small team working to support the next generation of makers, creators and innovators. Our ‘office’ is a maker space filled with tools and technology that gives endless opportunities for ideas to flow. We support creativity, value making mistakes and happy little accidents, and love a good coffee with a good yarn.
What is VIVITA Aotearoa and VIVISTOP Wellington studio:
VIVITA and VIVISTOP is a dynamic co-creation environment that facilitates learning experiences in creative thinking, innovation, and entrepreneurship. With support from local and global networks, our experiences open up opportunities for children to work on projects, products, or services that are important to them and their communities.
With support from our global VIVITA network, learning experiences are kept free and open to any child between the ages of 9-15, regardless of background. We believe all children should have equal opportunities to make and create. This should not be a privilege.
VIVISTOP Wellington is our newest co-creation space in the heart of Wellington City. It is our maker-space where young and young at heart can all make and create together.
- © VIVITA 2022